Wednesday, March 8, 2017

I'm Not Dead! :-D

You may have noticed I'm a bit off my blogging schedule. There are a few reasons why, depending on how you want to look at it, but the one I've chosen to stick with is that the universe is pushing me out of the nest. I promise to get it sorted out and get back to blogging more regularly. Until then, my twitter (@OmilyNYC) is getting more action than it ever has, as I explore new hashtags like #doulathoughts, #doulalife, and #doulaproblems...

A shift in my schedule leaving me free to devote more time to both training, and doula work isn't the only less than voluntary change of 2017. I look at our budget revealed we've been relying far too heavily on seamless...and now I'm back in the saddle, cooking about five nights a week. I had forgotten how much I love it! And you can see the tasty results on my instagram (@Emily.Hursh) because I'm a millennial! As a result of cooking more often, I've been able to pack delicious leftovers for lunch instead of buying it, which is saving us even more money! I'm also back on the making my own smoothies train, since it's the easiest thing to eat for a late lunch when I find myself at home on all these suddenly free late afternoons. As usual, typing it all up is showing me how its all connected, how my life is shifting to make more space for the things I want to be doing, rather than the things I felt stuck doing.

Did I mention it's also Lent? Lent being a time of sacrifice, I tend to think of it as a long, slow slog...but then Sister Cavanah at church asked us to think of us as a sprint: an intense spiritual workout...and it is, when you compare it to the rest of the year, when spiritual practices don't tend to take center stage so much. This year I want to take the time to get to know Jesus. You know, that radical middle-eastern refugee who challenged social norms, didn't think much of religious leaders of the day, and hung out with criminals? That guy. I'd like to get to know him better. To make more time for that goal, I'm taking a break from commenting on facebook posts that make me ragey. Might be good for my stress levels, too...

But what's new for you? Well, I'm putting together a new workshop that I'm hoping to offer in both Jersey City, and NYC in the coming months! And I'll be performing ambient with my incredible aerial partner March 19th at the Muse Cabaret! So check that stuff out! Woop woop!

And let's leave it at that for now. I have soooooo many e-mails to send! (#doulalife!)

Live Omily,
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment