Monday, July 28, 2014

The Omily Tarot: Taking a Break Might Break Your Stride...or Lead to a Breakthrough

Oh my, these hot Summer days! Aside from eagerly anticipating the arrival of watermelon in the Farmers' Markets, a great way to cope is take it a little easy...and what better way to take it easy than to take your tarot deck to a shady spot?? Keep clear of high winds and water, of course, but in general, your tarot can travel with you while you take advantage of outdoor-friendly weather. Tarot under the stars on a camping trip? Yes, definitely. Tarot by candlelight in a creaky rental house? Absolutely! Tarot to liven up a hotel room? Thank goodness, something to do besides watch tv!

Tarot can also be a great way to meet new people on your summer travels (see my favourite type of tarot reading: the off the cuff in a bar kind!)

I just spent a whole week on my (second or third) favourite island in the whole world with some of my favourite people in the whole wide world...I thought for sure the tarot cards would be flying, but no luck. Not that I have any complaints! A week of riding bikes to the beach, shopping, and fabulous seafood is my kind of week, even if it was tarot and virtually circus-free! (I did manage to get family into some acro stunts and to spot me in some handstand work...not as much as I should have, but, ah well... :-)

I think there's a lesson in there tarot and otherwise: in spite of your best intentions, you aren't always going to do all the practicing/studying/instert your discipline required activity here, and sometimes that means you need to find a new activity, and sometimes that means you need to find a new method of self discipline...but sometimes it just means you can take a little break and it won't hurt anybody. Simple as that. Sometimes a break is exactly what you need to come back to the activity in mind fresher, stronger, and ready for some serious breakthroughs.

Hope that's the case for me! Wish me luck come Wednesday...
#SeafoodImeanLovewins


No comments:

Post a Comment