Friday, August 16, 2013

Taking a Dip

It's been an exciting last couple weeks: accepted into Om Factory's aerial yoga teacher training program (Woohoo!), starting to sub there, starting to sub at Jaya Yoga Center, our upcoming trip to South Korea, and of course, launching my newsletter. 

This will be my first teacher training since my vinyasa training that got me started back in October of 2009.  I'm really looking forward to being back in that student mindset.  Toward the end of my first teacher training, one of our teachers, Sam Chase, was talking to us about transitioning out of our student mindset, and into a teaching one.  He described these textiles made in an exotic country:  they're woven, then soaked in dye for days, then left out in the sun till the color has almost completely faded, then the proccess is repeated until the sun is unable to fade the many layers of dye.  It's been four years since my last training, so I can only assume my vibrant, soaking color has faded in the spotlight at the front of the room, and it's time for another dip.

I look forward to approaching my classes with a whole new arsenal of ideas in my toolbelt, and with a refreshed, enthusiastic attitude after the training.  I won't be able to jump right back into the schedule though, because the day after the last day of my training, I'm flying out for our two-week South Korea trip! I'm so excited to experience such an incredibly different culture on the other side of the world, and it's going to be even more amazing because one of my closest friends is living there teaching English as a second language right now.
Hehe, sorry, I'm being silly!  But it IS in South Korea, and they ARE donig yoga!
I think, in its own way, an adventure like that is another dye dip, so when I get home in October, I'll be ready to enjoy the Autumn sunshine, and a nice, long fade sharing what I've learned with all of you.  You'll have lots of opportunities to take different kinds of yoga with me all over Manhattan and Brooklyn, and of course, if you want to keep up with when and where you can catch me at the front of the room, you should sign up for my newsletter.  I'm working on getting the opt-in links up on my websites, but if you don't see one here, just head on over to my facebook page, and send me a message with your e-mail asking to opt in.  The messages will go out no more than once every other week, and it'll be a great way of making sure you don't miss any blog posts, too!

September is such an amazing time to take stock of where you're at, and jump into learning some new things...and I'm pretty sure this is going to be the best September ever.  I hope you're around to share it with me, and to share the amazing things you're learning, too!
Live Omily,
~em

No comments:

Post a Comment