Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties. Please Stand By.

We're four days into 2012 and the world hasn't ended yet...not that I think it will, mind you, but I'm a little less than my usual optimistic self because it's just been one of those days.

Overslept.
Mystery stain on the just-washed couch slipcover.
Inability to get out the door on time.
Couldn't find the damn cotton swabs.
Wrote up a whole blog post...which was eaten by the evil internet gods.

It doesn't sound so bad when you write it down like that...maybe I should keep that trick in mind. I don't really have it in me to write up another proper blogpost tonight, but I did want to wish you and yours a Happy New Year, and let you know that the husband and I had a lovely time with the fam in Ohio and Houston over our Christmas vacation. We're safely back in NYC (welcomed by a cat with diarrhea, whoopie-ding), and I'm back on my regular posting schedule this week. Well, roughly speaking, I suppose.

Tomorrow I'll be back with reflections on the nature of families, New Year's Resolutions, and, oh, who knows what else. In the meantime, I offer you this. Because it makes me laugh so hard.

Also this.

Live Omily,
~em

No comments:

Post a Comment