Monday, January 31, 2011

Something Brighter on the Wings of this Weather Front

Namaste Yogis of the NYC area and beyond! I'm updating ahead of schedule to fill you in on some exciting changes on the horizon...

My classes at Loom Studios, noon on Mondays and noon on Thursdays, will be 2:00p.m. on Monday and Thursday as of the first week in February. The Thursday class will be a donation class, so it'll be a great opportunity to check out Loom Studios in general, or me in particular! Take the L to Morgan Ave., and walk up Knickerbocker to Flushing Ave. The entrance to the shops is on the corner, and if you follow the maze around and back, you'll find our charming studio nestled near the laudromat, and the courtyard.

This week at Namaste in Willliamsburg, I'm covering two classes in addition to my regular schedule. The regular classes are Tuesday, 3:00 and 4:30, and Friday at noon. The extras are Thursday at 4:15, and Friday at 3:00. All my classes are open level, except for the Friday at 3:00, which is restorative.

On top of all these chances to unroll your mat and practice Omily, I'll be leading a Warriors Workshop at Namaste this Saturday from 4-6 p.m. This workshop will cover Warrior I, II, III, as well as Reverse or Peaceful, and Humble or Devotional Warriors. We will get very in depth in terms of technique and alignment, and we'll also take some time to talk about the philosophical and spiritual aspects of these poses. Why do yogis need to spend so much time being warriors anyway?? If you're a fan of the nitty-gritty, super-detailed, alignment focused nature of moments of my class, you are going to love this workshop. You should also know that the Warriors Workshop is the first of four in a series called "Spread Your Branches!" The other three will be about hip-openers, backbends, and inversions, and if you plan to do all four, you can sign up for all of them for the discounted rate of $65!

Namaste Yoga and Tranquility Center is on Grand Street, between Marcy and Havemeyer. Take the G or L to Lorimer/Metropolitan, or the J, M, or Z to Marcy Avenue. I am really looking forward to this one!

Of course, these classes will come and go, and maybe you aren't in a position to attend. There's still reason to be excited! In the coming weeks, I'm going to start publishing a weekly yoga podcast entitled, "Yoga 101: Living Omily One Pose at a Time." I'll spend around ten minutes breaking down one pose with its variations and modifications each week. Every two months or so, I'll publish a yoga sequence podcast, revolving around the poses we've been working on. Keep your eyes peeled! The first one will be on Mountain Pose.

If you're into this sort of thing, you'll have the option of following Omily Yoga on facebook, and twitter! It'll be an easier way to keep abreast of my changing schedule, and extra classes I've picked up for that week, any special workshops on the horizon, an update to my blog, and of course, the latest podcast! I'm a little freaked out at surrendering to that little pop culture bird, but let me breathe deeply and bow my heart in humble warrior. Everything I do is for my students.

Live Omily, whether it's in my class, someone else's, or on your own mat in your own heart,
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment