Thursday, May 27, 2010

Restoring Order

For several weeks running, I would go to my 4:00 circus class of earlier blog post fame, then go to a 7:00 Vinyasa yoga class near Union Square. The timing was nice, since I could walk to the L from Circus class, but that yoga class absolutely took everything out of me there was! I sort of liked it...but then I would go home at night and find myself unable to even make dinner for myself. It was just too physically draining to keep up. Then, a friend of mine told me about a yoga studio that just happened to be walking distance from my circus class that just happened to have a 4:00 hour and a half Restorative class, and my circus instructor changed my circus class from 4-6 to 6-8. Now I take the train to my restorative class, and walk to my circus class feeling relaxed, centered, and aligned. In the last few weeks, I've improved my trapeze work by leaps and bounds! I'm still sore Monday morning, but I can get myself out of bed without wincing.

I like it this way better.

Lesson 1: Pushing yourself to find out what you're capable of is a good thing, but when you find out that maybe you're not so capable of going as far as you're pushing yourself, it's good to back off a little.

Lesson 2: The Universe will provide you with everything you need as long as you open yourself up to its own mysterious workings.

Ever try a restorative class? Especially if you're a power Vinyasa devotee, I challenge you to give it a shot.

Live Omily,
~em

No comments:

Post a Comment