Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yogi Math

After nine and a half months of being thrilled to be getting by, the prevailing season seems to be cautiously optimistic! My husband is at a very promising interview right now, I'm having an amazing time gaining experience and insight through the community classes I'm offering at my church, and there's a job in the works for me, too!

Spring is always a great time to step out of that nose-to-the-grindstone bubble and thank the Universe for sunshine, sound sleep, chocolate-covered cherries, or whatever it is that does it for you. It's pretty cool that there is so much on the horizon besides those simple joys to focus on. Of course, I'm totally guilty of getting bogged down in the day-to-day. There is so much I need to get done today, and it's already 2:30! It's exhausting. Staying positive is a choice, and sometimes it's really hard work. Times like this it helps to keep my yoga off the mat philosophy in mind: integration, baby!

Wishing things were different (assuming you can't take steps to make them different) inevitably leads to unhappiness because things aren't different. If you can give your full attention to the present, not everything else on your to-do list, and definitely not on the work week ahead, you'll often find that there's actually nothing to be bent out of shape about. There's only a problem once you decide there's a problem. So is there really something worthy of being a problem at this exact moment? I'm typing up my blog at the library. Nothing in that sentence presents itself as a problem. Problem solved.

Just a yoga thought on a pretty April Day...

Live Omily,
~em

No comments:

Post a Comment